April 27, 2011
I’ve been on va(stay)cation since last week, but it feels busier than ever; however, I do feel like I’ve überproductive. That is, if productivity is measured in the amount of fun, satisfaction, and relief garnered via discovery, creativity, and completion of long-intended-to-have-been-addressed tasks.
More on what’s been keeping me busy (hopefully sooner rather than) later, but if you follow my twitter / Instagram / tumblr / Facebook feeds, you’ve by now been bombarded by random announcements, nonsensical commentary. And even seemingly randomer photos.
For the curious with the desire for marginally more context, allow me to present the first installment of <drumroll> Facts Behind the Fotos <windows 3.1 boot sound>
- Wheels Up – I spent most of the day tuning up my Honda Civic with the Executive Director of the ACAP. Notable highlights: Getting an armpit full of vintage 2009 5w20 motor oil and my new plug wires are blue (love me some color!)
- Acura – Sticking with cars for a moment, the other day I spent a few hours at Acura of Lynnwood, stranded while getting my rotors looked at. Is it just me, or do Acura rotors wear quickishly?
- Baby Shower of Infinite Justice – Some friends are expecting, which naturally warrants celebration. It’s a boy! — represented by the blue metallic teddy bear confetti.Yayers.
- Surprise – The gift in the left hand is for the aforementioned baby shower, the balloons for a special surprise (and what’s in between is from excessive French pastries…). The wifey is hosting a special giveaway on her blog featuring an original Cindi+Chris Photography piece. Check it out for deets on how you, too, may already be a winner!
- Pastries 1 and Pastries 2 – I wasn’t joking about those French pastries. I’ve recently discovered (and then re-discovered. and re-re-re discovered. and re-re-re-re….) the joy that is The French Bakery. In under a week I’ve visited 66.7% of their locations (multiple times), had enough pastries to fill a frequent customer punch card (and then some), feasted on a sandwich crafted by one of co-founders, and put on more weight that I should have. The jocson you know and love now comes extra squishy with 115% more butter.
- Seatown Funk – Jun lives in an area with an awesome view of Seattle. We visited her the other day, and after finding parking around the way, I couldn’t resist climbing up a precarious safety railing and snapping a quick pic while cars whirled behind me. I had a dizzying fear of falling to my doom, but powered through!
I’ll throw in a few (foto-less) tweets for good measure, just coz.
- P!AtD – Panic! has a new album, Vices & Virtues, which I am really diggin’ right now. So far I’ve edited approximately 500 photos (viewed around 2000), tuned 1 Civic, and assisted a friend with 2 resumes and 1 cover letter all with the album on repeat. A few years ago I went to a Panic! show they did with Lucent Dossier, and it was one of the most amazing shows I’ve ever seen. It was like some sort of punk burlesque circus freak show that totally fit their work.
- Sonicsgate – If you’re a sports fan, you must see this film. If you’re a Seattle-ite, you must see this film. Heck, if you have a pulse, go check it out. It highlights the chain of events leading to a Supersonics-less Seattle, brought to you by people like those folks you see in the stands at NBA games today still waving Sonics gear regardless of who’s playing. True patriots.
- Thinking about being productive – I made a plan at the start of this vacation that involved a home stretch run at success by means of being early-to-rise and late-to-bed (with ZOMGMASSIVEPRODUCTIVIEZ sammiched in between those two). I started Day 1 of this home stretch making good on the early-to-rise part, but was slow in motivation to get to the massive productivity part…. I think I’ve made good on getting things done since then. More on how I did that.. maybe tomorrow? Stay tuned friends!
April 9, 2011
I’m all about custom. Rarely do I leave things as they are, right out the box. Cars, cameras, computers, barbeques, houses, food…
I’ve been known to fry up an egg and throw it between the layers of deliciousness in a standard Whopper-(with cheese)-to-go, split open a red bean bun and throw cream cheese in, or even sneak crushed and sliced pineapple underneath a slap of vanilla bean ice cream tucked lovingly between 2 slices of all american white bread.
These are all minor mods, mostly because I’m not allowed into the kitchen. Dramatic messes tend to occur when I collide with that section of the house, so I’ve been blacklisted. However, the wifey is currently out at Wai’s bachelorette party, so while she’s away I took the liberty of inviting myself into her kitchen to play.
My take on the loco moco. Behold my Hawaii-inspired lunch plate holy trinity!:
1) Homemade bacon and bleu cheese hamburger steak, over rice, and covered in 2 sunny side up eggs + gravy. If I’m gonna throw a spin on it, it’s gotta be bacon-fueled right?
2) Spicy crab mac (well, penne) and cheese, in lieu of mac salad
3) Kona Brewing Co.’s Koko Brown ale (they claim toasted coconut, but all I tasted was toasted deliciousness), standing in for some kind of obligatory tropical fruit juice
Now… to search the web for news articles about that tornado that touched down in kitchen — I didn’t see it happen, but it’s the only explanation, and someone must have written about it by now… and to decide if I should pick up some Bubbies mochi for dessert…
January 7, 2011
I love Fridays. And weekends. There are many reasons to, just one of which is breakfast.
Hi, my name is Jocson, and I’m an Eggslut.
During the weeks, I typically don’t have time to eat breakfast. Well, I guess I could have time, but then I’d have to get up earlier. But then I wouldn’t have sleep. In that case, this post would be about being a sleep slut not having enough sleep. And ‘sleep slut’ just doesn’t sound right to me…
I’m a straight up sucker for breakfast food. I’ll eat it anytime, anywhere. Hot or cold, if it’s in the breakfast category it’s on. Especially. If. It’s. Eggs. There’s nothing like waking up nice and rested on a Saturday morning at 2:00 PM… sauntering into the kitchen… and cobbling together a nice light meal…
And then dropping a motherfucking fried egg on it.
Pardon the expletive, but I just couldn’t find an epic enough adjective worthy of preceding ‘fried egg.’ I suppose I shouldn’t limit this discussion to breakfast. It’s really about the eggs. And they go on everything. Sprinkle some scramble on your toast, insert a fried egg in your burger, try soft eggs on pizza, crack one into your ramen as you just take it off boil, throw one in your ice cream before you drop in the hot fudge and whipped cream…
OK, maybe that last one was a little too far. But don’t rule out dessert entirely. Ever marry an egg custard flan and a cheesecake? Throw the batter for both together next time before cooking in a hot water bath next time, and you will meet one an ever-so-delicious love child.
I realize that by now I sound like a disgusting fatty, so I think it best to just end abruptly with a classy sammie…
…and some random light graffiti to offset the eggsesive (HA!) egg talk.
Please pass the Lipitor.